NOTICE

NOTICE

I tweet, therefore I are

Monday, February 1, 2016

Black History Month Images to remember for context

Being white I get shit for mentions of the months of minorities and outsiders.  I am part of the white male privilege so why am I giving anything back?  I do not see it as that.  I see us all on a continuum.  We are a species, not a race.  And white folks fucked black folks for a long time.  I believe in forgiveness, but also apologies.  I don't altogether know what I think about reparations, but that isn't for me to decide.  In any event these images are offered to remember the American past before entering the month of Black History Month.  We should celebrate the achievements won, the great victories. Because the world African Americans rose from, was vicious, vile and unforgiving.   All images are either offered in fair use or taken from public domain. 

I am not an apologist, or a person who has answers.  I simply see no reason to assume behaving like assholes in the past means we should continue to do the same.  We need to hope.

Resources on:
LYNCHING 
TULSA RACE RIOT 1921
SLAVERY IN THE UNITED STATES