spacer

spacer

NOTICE

NOTICE

I tweet, therefore I are

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

GODZILLA STRIKES a.k.a. Big G

I love Godzilla. I've been told that people think he is silly, stupid, or foolish. I love him. I love all of the monsters, the movies, the acting, the cast, the stories, the effects and souvenirs. I remember most, however, the memories of watching Big G at the extended family's house, Uncle Leo and Auntie Joan's home, where the family tv wasn't dominated by my father's choices, as in my father's home. Tom, my cousin, had got Uncle Leo to have the channel on King Kong vs Godzilla. And my God, I was in 1st or 2nd grade, and my mind exploded. THIS WAS HEAVEN. THIS WAS THE PROMISED LAND. I remember even the small talk people made while watching it. I'd never seen such an awesome movie. I never veered from the path. And I am grateful for that time. My mind is filled now with imaginary events, people, and possibilities. Thank you Godzilla, Toho, Channel 9 in Mpls/St Paul, MN in 1969, and Uncle Leo, and my cousin Tom.