spacer

spacer

NOTICE

NOTICE

I tweet, therefore I are

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Thoughts for the Day


I've been reading a lot recently.   I am writing a great deal as well.  My desire is to write better, but also, to fill my work with awesome content, different concepts, and more exposure to new thinking so that my work will gain from it.  I am not one who assumes my work is doomed to being forever frozen in its state of being.  I am satisfied with my poetry, but I hope to always improve.  People might well not like my work, that is always a possibility, but that should not be a barrier to my trying to improve.

The author I am most often reading is Yukio Mishima, but I have been reading Kazuo Ishiguro as well as William Gibson.  The best work was the most unexpected, NEVER LET ME GO by Kazuo Ishiguro, which deals with a very dirty human future, for reasons I don't want to share for fear of spoiling anything.  It is magnificent.


I do have a great many works in progress.  Writing them is not work, but a labor of love.